Tuesday, June 3, 2014

I'm the kind of girl…

I'm usually always barefoot. I liked running around our lake home in as little as possible, and that meant no shoes for me. Maybe a pair of flip flops, but that was even pushing it. If need be, I'll put on some dress shoes and I admire a nice pair of heels. I think that shoes make the outfit more often than not, but at the event you'll find me with my feet curled under neath me and my shoes under the table.

I'm usually always in a well worn t-shirt and shorts or leggings if I'm relaxing at home. I love being comfortable and I will mourn a great t-shirt, letting it be buried only when the holes in it reveal more than is proper for a woman my age to be exposing.

I can not sleep if my feet are dry. I will have to put lotion on my feet right after my shower at night because dry feet will wake me up.

I will sell my soul for a great pen. I'm stuck on sharpie color pens at the moment, but even those are a little bit not so perfect, although they are close enough.

If I start a new project, a new book, a new journal, a new plan for losing the same weight I've been attempting to lose now for a decade, I will have to have a new notebook to plan it all out. I have to. It's law.

I sing all the time. Nonsensical stuff mostly. When I'm cleaning up I'll make up songs. When I'm lost and driving around in circles I'll make up songs. I sometimes catch myself and laugh at myself. It doesn't stop me from singing, that's probably when my singing gets even better.

I'm the kind of girl that is happiest when I'm comfortable. I will primp and put on make up and fancy clothes and even put my toes into the most uncomfortable shoes for the right woman and I'll enjoy every moment of it. But whether or not we stay together will depend on how fast she helps me take all of that off as soon as we get into the comfort of our own home.

I'm the kind of girl who is just as happy staying in for the evening with you. On the couch. Doing our own thing. We're sharing the same space. We're sharing the same moment, the same … we're just there. Together. And we don't have to talk. We don't have to have this shared experience where we're doing the same thing together for me to be comfortable just as we are. Every now and again I'll look up at you sitting there and smile. You'll say "what?" in this accusatory tone and really, I won't be thinking about anything other than how nice it is to be the kind of girl that is happy being with you.

I'm the kind of girl that is happiest when things are the simplest.

I'm the kind of girl for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment