Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Favorite Things

I remember getting care packages at camp when I was a kid. My parents would send things like stationary and a pencil or maybe some home made cookies. My cabin mates always got the good stuff -- money, candy to share or hoard, a new towel or swim suit and maybe some stamps to send a postcard home.

I was always jealous.

Janelle's care package I received today more than makes up for those lousy care packages my parents once sent.

I got a lot. Like I can't even begin to list all the things I got. And even though I got some pretty marvelous gifts, it's not the gifts that impress me as much as the thought she put into sending them to me. Every where I look is more proof that as much as I talk her ear off, she still manages to hear me without them attached. :) She remembered I love to color, remembered I love journals and lip balms, remembered that I love pens and books and knew my favorite candies. She also threw in the necessary things that I maybe mentioned once or that she had noticed on her own, like the way my phone buzzed when I plug it in to charge (she sent me a new cord) or how I really wanted her in a white button down shirt (she sent me a picture) or that I forgot to charge my phone and would have to call her back later (she bought me two power bank external power tubes for charging iPhones.)

And then there were little surprises like toys and hello kitty diaries and dragon fly lights. Even a night light that changes colors and looks a bit like a snowball.

I'm so ... overwhelmed by how much thought went into this package. I can't wait to look at every item and hear the stories that go along with them.

I think I'll keep her.



No comments:

Post a Comment