Wednesday, September 17, 2014

LDR -- Missing Her.

When preparing for questions for the Single's Page several months ago, I remember coming across an article on Long Distance Relationships. There were several helpful suggestions, things I had long since understood. But there was something about missing that sticks out in my mind. The author of the article said that you should never, ever, ever, under any circumstances spend a lot of time talking about how much you miss each other. She said when that happens, the relationship is pretty much doomed to fail.

I'm trying really hard not to talk to her about missing her. Especially since I'll be visiting her shortly.

But maybe this blog is the safe zone and I can let it all out in here. At least just for today, when it feels like "soon" will take forever to get here.

I miss Janelle. I miss her in ways that talking on the phone, laughing on the phone, typing to one another, and all the other things we do every day to stay connected don't even touch. Sometimes it's hard to breathe. And I don't want to tell her, because I don't want to bum her out because I know she misses me just as much. And also -- the article.  The article says that when that's all you can talk about (missing each other) that your relationship is over.

We talk about a lot of other things. It's not just gloom and doom. But I'm sincerely over the distance. I'm over not being with her and not starting a life together. I'm over not physically being with her, too -- like just holding hands and feeling the weight of her arm on my body. And I want to kiss her. Like REALLY kiss her. And then there are other things, too. I won't go into detail. But man. It sucks.

Maybe tomorrow I'll write about something else.

But for tonight that's all my heart can manage.


No comments:

Post a Comment